Athlete Heat assignments are released!
WOD #3 – MAZE OF HELL
The details of this WOD will be revealed Saturday January 10th after all athletes have completed WOD #2.
WOD #2 – TRIPLE FIVE
5 Thrusters (115# men/75# women)
5 Lateral Burpee over the bar
• Loaded barbell starts on the ground and the athlete must complete 5 thrusters before doing 5 burpees over the barbell.
• Score: total number of completed rounds and any additional reps.
This is a standard barbell thruster in which the barbell moves from the bottom of a front squat to full locked out overhead. Barbell starts on the ground. The athlete can power clean or squat clean the barbell from the ground. The hip crease must pass below the knees. The barbell must come to a full lockout overhead with the hips, knees and arms fully extended and the bar directly over the body.
Lateral Burpee over the bar
Each burpee must be performed laterally to the barbell. The chest and thighs must touch the ground at the bottom. You must laterally jump over the barbell from both feet and land on both feet. One footed jumping or stepping over is not permitted. Full hip extension or clapping overhead is not required. Each successful jump over is one rep.
5 Shoulder to Overhead (85# men/55# women)
5 Burpee onto plate (45# men / 25# women)
• Loaded barbell starts on the ground and the athlete must complete 5 shoulder to overhead before doing 5 burpees onto plate.
• Score: total number of completed rounds and any additional reps.
Shoulder to Overhead
The start of each rep will be the barbell at the front rack position (must touch shoulders or chest) and ends when it is fully locked out overhead. The barbell must come to a full lockout overhead with the hips, knees and arms fully extended and the bar directly over the body. The athlete can strict press, push press, push jerk or split jerk the shoulder to overhead.
Burpee onto plate
Each burpee must be performed facing the plate. Lateral burpees onto plate are not permitted. The chest and thighs must touch the ground at the bottom. You must jump both feet onto plate at the same time. One footed jumping onto plate is not permitted. You may jump back or step back off of the plate to start your next rep. Jumping or stepping over to the opposite side of the plate from where you started for your next rep is not allowed. Full hip extension or clapping overhead is not required. Each successful jump onto plate is one rep.
WOD #1 – CLIMB THE LADDER
• Athlete will have 50 seconds to lift at each weight, 10 seconds to transition to the next bar.
• Athlete has unlimited attempts at the same weight within the 50 seconds.
• Points awarded: 1 for each clean, 2 for each clean and jerk, 3 for each snatch
• Only completed lifts will be scored.
• In other words, if a clean is achieved but the jerk is missed, the athlete scores 1 point but CAN reattempt the jerk as long as time remains. If the jerk is completed, then 2 points are scored. If no lifts are completed, then the athlete cannot continue to the next bar.
• If athlete is going to snatch (optional), they MUST attempt a snatch first. If they do not complete the snatch, they CAN reattempt as many snatches in remaining time but once they attempt a clean or a clean and jerk after a snatch attempt, they cannot go back to snatch.
• Athlete cannot both Snatch and Clean and Jerk same the same weight.
Barbell must go from ground to overhead without touching the shoulders. Barbell must come to a full lockout overhead with the hips, knees and arms fully extended and the bar directly over the middle of the body. Athlete must show control of the barbell overhead with both feet under hips.
A power clean, squat clean or split clean may be used as long as the barbell comes up to the shoulders with hips and knees fully extended with feet in line and under hips. Athlete must show control of the barbell on the shoulders with both feet under hips.
A power jerk or split jerk may be used as long as the barbell comes to a full lockout position overhead with the hips, knees and arms full extended, feet under hips and barbell directly over the heels. Athlete must show control of the barbell overhead with both feet under hips.
For those of you who have signed up for the competition this Saturday January 10th, the coaching staff is VERY proud of you for getting out of your comfort zone! We know some of you are nervous, but remember the people cheering you on are your friends you workout with, not complete strangers! The main thing to remember is to have FUN and give each WOD your ALL! Don’t leave anything on the table. Don’t say, I know I could have gone harder. Go hard!!
For those not competing, please come and support your fellow CFE Crew member (get some great food, a massage and raffle items). The athletes will need your cheers and high fives to get them through the three WODs they will be doing!
That’s right, EVERY athlete will be doing ALL 3 WODs! They will be announced at this web address throughout the day on Thursday Jan 8th.
Here are some pointers for Saturday:
1. Have fun (I know I’m repeating myself).
2. Go Hard aka HAM!
3. Athlete check in is from 7:30am-8:30am. There will be a sign in table where your will receive your score cards and tshirt. You are responsible for keeping your score cards and handing them to your judge when it’s your time to WOD. We will review the WOD standards from 8:30-9am. First WOD starts at 9am sharp!
4. You will be assigned a HEAT and a lane number for each WOD. Heats will be announced over the loud system. Know which heat you are in and be ready to find your lane number on the floor. There will be signs marking the lane numbers.
5. Before your WOD starts if you have any questions about the movements, ask your judge to clarify. Your judges have the final say! No arguing with them..that’s grounds for burpees!!!
6. You are responsible for warming up and stretching on your own. The small Bay Area with be set up with some equipment for your warm up.
7. The floor will be taped off into lanes/areas. One for each athlete to WOD in. If you are spectating, please stay outside of these lines.
8. Bring your shoes, socks, wrist wraps, gloves, athletic tape, jump rope (may or may not be needed in a WOD) but is good to warm up with. If you do not own a jump rope you can use one of ours. Bring your water bottle and any supplements you use and maybe a change of clothes if you sweat profusely! Also bring plenty of warm clothes as the weather is supposed to be cold.
9. The Gastro Punk food truck will be here around 7:30am selling their awesome food-breakfast and lunch. Bring cash!
10. If you need a healthy snack in-between wods, please bring your own.
11. Storage for your gear during the event will be in the small bay (not the bookcase area in the main gym as we will need that space for spectators).
12. Bring your friends and family to help cheer you on! We will rope off an area outside for tents and lawn chairs. The weather is not supposed to be the best on Saturday with a 40% chance of rain and a high of 40 degrees. Please dress accordingly.
13. We will have a massage therapist on site during the day. $1 per minute. Again bring cash (charging to Wodify for this service is not an option, sorry).
14. We will have an awesome raffle going throughout the day (thank you Nikki)! Lots of cool stuff. Proceeds go to Rescued Pets Movement. So bring cash for raffle tickets. No need to be present to win.
15. CFE will be providing a babysitter for our members and guests kids! The gym areas will be very busy and we’d like to keep your kids safe in the kids room during the competition! Please take advantage of this service!
16. DJ Steven G will be in the house spinning the tunes. If you have any song requests, please email them to me in advance.
17. Athlete prizes that you will be competing for will be announced during the WOD Standards review!
18. After the winners are announced, prizes given and photos taken it will be time to party – celebrating EVERYONE’s victory for competing and our two year anniversary! CFE will be providing beer, but if you are picky we suggest you bring your own beverages!
19. And finally a huge thank you to all our coaches, judges, volunteers, vendors and sponsors. This would not be possible without you!
All three WODs will be released here on Thursday January 8th! Stay tuned for details!!!
WOD Hint #1
RX: Thrusters (115/75#)
Scaled: Shoulder to OH (85/55#)
One Reply to “January 10, 2015 – CFE In-House Competition and 2yr Anniversary Party!”
Ready for this one… Said no one ever.
Comments are closed.